This is a new sporadic feature, similar to “Things I’m Obsessed With Right Now” but instead it’s stuff I’ve engaged with genuine human beings talking about lately. It’s good because I get to mine the experiences and anecdotes of my loved ones in order to further my own artistic agenda.
It’s only manipulative if they aren’t supportive and mine are!
- Who should play young Han Solo in the upcoming movie?
- We had a long talk about this the other day and while I have definite opinions on the subject. (Don’t care, so long as he’s handsome and charismatic and Donald Glover plays Lando.) I put forward some of my previous choices, Logan Lerman and Dave Franco, which got a sturdy, “who?” and “that could work.” Everyone I’ve mentioned it to is on board with my “Donald For Lando” plan though. Yay! Seriously though, you guys, Logan Lerman, the kid is great, and was perfectly cast in a terrible adaptations of a franchise. He should be as big as Jennifer Lawrence by now, but the Percy Jackson movies are terrible. Give him a shot at this. I think he’d be good.
- Xena Reboot: Reenie And Cha Edition
- Cha and I have a longstanding pledge that if either of us gets into the position to do it, we create a Xena reboot that she stars in and I write and run. It’s very important to us, especially if we’ve been drinking. So this week, Lucy Lawless was talking about how she wanted a Xena reboot, for like, herself, or whatever. Now, don’t get me wrong, I think that would be amazing. But, I mean, she already got to do Xena, Cha and I haven’t. Let us have a shot.
- The Musical Legacy of My Generation
- I don’t know as much about rock music, be it classic or current as many of my family members, but I know a shit ton more about pop than they do, and thus anytime we have a conversation about “What’s good,” and “what isn’t,” it’s one of the few areas we’re able to pull the “I defer to you on this,” elements. But the intellectual gymnastics on Sunday when Mike and I decided that you can trace one or two pop artists that leave their mark rather than ephemera, and that we think Taylor Swift might be that person for this decade was pretty great. (Previous people who have done this include Justin Timberlake, The Backstreet Boys, Madonna, Michael Jackson, The Bee Gees and The Beach Boys.) Additionally, we discussed how you can trace Lady Gaga back to Cindy Lauper as a visionary who understands pop music better than any one else working, but is also much more of an artist than a performer and who’s legacy will be something different entirely. Seriously, it was a remarkable argument.
- Kit Harrington’s Hair And Beard
- Oh shut up. We’re all talking about it. He landed in Belfast during scripting time. He still has the hair. He’s regrown the beard. I promise this is the last I’ll talk about it. I think the man is perfectly within his rights to keep his hair whatever length he wants regardless of Jon Snow being dead for good. And he’s also welcome to have the shaggiest of beards that he wants. BUT OMG WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- Are you watching this mini series? I guess it’s over now, I still have to watch the third part, but it’s ridiculous. Ben Kingsley is really good in it. Everything else about it is utterly ridiculous, but everyone in my house loves an epic mini series, and so we watch.
That’s what’s up with me these days! Hope things are cool with all of you!