Hey guys! It’s been a while since we’ve checked in on the things that are obsessing me these days. (Of course if you’re really interested you can follow my twitter or like my facebook page and see these obsessions develop in real time!) But as fall comes around my obsessions tend to shift (again, twitter, facebook. You’ll see!)
- Avatar: The Last Air Bender. I decided to watch this over the weekend because I had the house to myself and wanted to binge something that I knew my siblings and parents wouldn’t be into, since I had the opportunity. Rather than watch Buffy or Veronica for the fiftieth time, I thought I should go for some new content, and I am so glad that I did.
- Analyzing the feminist implications of Avatar: The Last Airbender. My god are the girls on this show fantastic stinking awesome, heroines and villains alike they are fascinating, powerful and interesting. I start thinking that Katara is my favorite and then Azula pops up, and the Toph does something great. It’s just so amazing and I love that there’s a generation of kids who grew up watching them and a generation of creators will draw on this show and these characters for influence.
- Speaking of influencing kids and feminism: Lumber Janes! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THIS COMIC BOOK! I’m late to this party but it’s spectacular. I’ve only gotten one issue, but the camp gets attacked by raptors from the bathroom and there’s a Were-Bear Lady.
- Football Season! The Giants kind of stink, but I still love watching games.
- The return of pumpkin flavored things. Pumpkin coffee! Pumpkin Ale! Oh, how I love Pumpkin Ale!
- In the same vein, today I wore my favorite fall outfit. Brown sweater, orange skirt and brown Frye boots. Best!
- Fantasizing about the Gotham fanfiction I’m going to write once I understand how that show’s universe works. Yes, I’m at the point where I am anticipating writing fanfiction. I think I’m a little too far gone.
- Scandal and Revenge come back next week! Twisty turny soapy violent goodness. Victoria knows that Emily is Amanda! Olivia and Jake ran away on a plane! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Aless is watching Once Upon A Time. This makes me incredibly happy. For more information on this, again, see twitter and facebook. I’m sure there will be interaction.
- My NaNoWriMo project that I am outlining! I was going to write this as a comic and then realized I could do it as a novel and it fits much more with what I’ve always wanted this story to be. I’m really, really excited about this.
- My birthday dress, which came yesterday. So pretty, so fancy, so exactly what I wanted it to be!
- Speaking of dresses, who costumes Jenna Coleman on Doctor Who? Did you see that little black dress she wore in “Listen?” So freaking gorgeous. I’m obsessed with all of her clothes.
- Also The Twelfth Doctor. I love him.
- Chrissy’s Twitter. We will now live tweet things together whenever possible even when not in the same room. Feel free to enjoy.
- On last night’s New Girl Reid Scott played a guy Jess was hitting on at a wedding. In my brain, it was Brandon from My Boys. I picture Jess and PJ hanging out talking about how the guys in their lives don’t “get” them all the time.
- Mindy and Danny as a couple on The Mindy Project! They’re adorable.
- NEVERENDER! I’m going to Coheed in Montclair next Thursday
- The Girls Poop Rainbow Podcast. A part of my “listen to girls on my phone too” initiative, I’m very glad I found it. Check them out.
So, that’s what I’m into right now. See you later.