Hey All! So last year I sort of fell into doing more of a “Con Circuit” than ever before, and this year I’m actually planning it. I missed Heroes & Villains last week, but I’m going to the reschedule in July. I already have my room in Atlantic City for ACBC, I’m planning on Special Edition again and I’m going out of my way to get to NYCC this year. There may be another small con or so tucked in there, but I’ll make those choices as they come up.
But the planned 4 Cons requires Cosplay galore. Obviously, the loss of Fanfest is a blow, but I’ll find more plans what I’m planning on working on for the next year or so (Repeats very possible)
- Jessica Jones
- Status: Finished
- Comfort Level: Super High! Seriously, this costume is a tee shirt, jeans, a leather jacket and a black wig. It’s my new favorite costume!
- Resistance X-Wing Pilot
- Status: SOOO CLOSE to finished
- Comfort level: OK. There are a lot of components to this costume. But I love it, and I’m really proud of it, it’s a for sure choice for ACBC
- Original Victorian/Steampunk Character (I need a name for her, and MAYBE a back story)
- Status: Finished! The origin of this costume is very fun. Juli is getting married (YAY!) and her bachelorette party is a Sherlock Holmes murder mystery weekend, and one of the nights she wants us to get dressed up. I literally only needed to order a corset to convert a couple of normal clothes and costume pieces I had to a decent Victorian look, so I did that. Switch the long skirt up to either a short skirt of leggings (I haven’t decided) and BOOM awesome Steampunk look.
- Comfort level: As I lose weight I hope that this will be more comfortable, but as it is, it’s pretty damn comfy.
- Bombshell Supergirl
- A Far off dream…
- Comfort Level: Couldn’t tell you. Seriously, I badly want to do this costume. But it’s very contingent on how much weight I lose by August. (I need that much time to get it ready for NYCC)
- Sailor Mars
- I’ve been talking about this for almost two years now…so, yeah.
- Comfort Level: Again so much depends on my weight loss. I want it to be clear, I’m not body shaming ANYONE who decides they can rock a costume when they’re carrying a few extra pounds. I admire that confidence. I do not have it. And because this would be a fully purchased costume that costs like, a good chunk of change…it’s more a motivating factor than anything else. “If I lose the weight, I’ll order and have tailored a Sailor Mars costume for NYCC”
So that’s what I’m thinking for now. I for sure think that I’m going bring Black Canary and Rose Tyler back around. Mostly because I didn’t wear Rose enough (and invested a lot in it.) and Black Canary is my reward for keeping on track weight loss wise. (Seriously, I can’t wear that costume unless I feel FIERCE and at my current weight, I DO NOT.) If I’m not comfortable enough for Canary than Ramona Flowers makes the cut.