Would you all believe that I’m so obsessed with stuff right now, that I forgot to write?
No, of course you won’t. I just fell asleep before I wrote anything last night!! This is a result of that. Just, things that I’m obsessed with!
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars. So glad I’m getting around to this. I love it. I actually give a crap about the prequel characters (You know, besides Obi-Wan, who I always cared about and loved). It’s fun and while it takes a while to gear up, and to get used to the animation style. And there’s all kinds of cool in joke. (Someone says, “I have a bad feeling about this,” like, every episode. ) And Obi-Wan has a girlfriend! And she’s named Satine! And even though he’s not voiced by Ewan McGregor this CAN’T POSSIBLY BE A COINCIDENCE. Also, Ahsoka. Look, I’m into the show. I think that’s the point I’m trying to make here.
- Serial Season 2: A lot of people don’t like. I happen to. I think it’s interesting. The zoom out thing doesn’t quite seem to be coming together, but I like this story a lot. Bowe is not as charismatic as Adnan, but Sarah still feels like your weird friend who talks to lots of people and has the best stories. And it’s great.
- The Fox Tuesday Night Comedy Block. New Girl, Grandfathered, Brooklyn 99, The Grinder. I love all of these shows and want them to stay there forever. I’m worried a little about New Girl with Zooey Deschanel going on maternity leave, but I think it’ll do OK. Grandfathered is kind of adorable. But I’m mostly in it for Padget Brewster. Brooklyn 99 is my favorite comedy on TV right now. And The Grinder is just delightful. Every week. You should be watching this show.
- 2016 Cosplay stuff. I actually have a whole post about this that isn’t finished. But I’m going to Heroes and Villains Fanfest this weekend as an X-Wing Pilot one day and Jessica Jones the other. I’m very, very excited about it.
- Storm Tracking. Everyone around here is obsessed with Winter Storm Jonas. This is a thing that happens every winter with the first storm. Everyone freaks out. We all survive. With the exception of that noreaster that hit in October, right after Hurricane Irene. But by January? We have this handled. But the world goes pretty nuts. I’m a little worried about the con tomorrow, but that’s about it!
- #OscarsSoWhite I’m angry and confused and I feel like no one in my life gets
So, those are the obsessions keeping me from seriously working this week. You’re welcome!