The past few days have been very busy and I’m very tired and I haven’t had much of a chance to nerd out over something that isn’t Star Wars, because I was with my cousins and that was all we talked about OK?
I mean besides real life.
But you don’t want to hear about my real life.
So, here’s what I’ve gathered from informal conversations with my various cousins.
- In general it would seem that my cousins think that Rey is probably Luke’s daughter, but as a whole, they hope that she isn’t. Everyone is way more on board with the idea that she is a Kenobi.
- Everyone is on board with Snoke either being Plaigeous or Palpatine.
- Kylo Ren is a little shit, but we think he’s an effective character.
- Rey is not a Mary Sue, or if she is, we don’t care. We like her a lot.
- The group is split on Finn. Some want him to have The Force, others do not. (I do want…for the record.)
- Everyone is holding up OK in their mourning over Han. We all knew it was going to happen. That doesn’t make it hurt less.
- Going forward, we would like Force Ghosts. Also Lando. And Wedge. To quote my cousin James, “Why was Poe not Wedge’s kid? I mean, he’s basically Wedge.”
- We all love Poe.
- Poe and Finn are in love. This is not head canon. This is not mindless shipping. This is a fact.
- Leia’s going to die. (I am less convinced of this.) She’s definitely going to redeem Ben though. (I call him Ben in this instance because I doubt his mother thinks of him as “Kylo Ren.”)
- Luke left Rey on Jakku. I wasn’t totally sold on that immediately. I still think it might have been Ben. But no one else seems with me on that.
- General thought, “I don’t want Finn to be related to Lando or Mace Windu because, racism, but I do because I would like to see either Lando or Mace Windu…”
- Seriously. Wedge Antilles. We want to see him. (I didn’t know that this was something I wanted until I started talking about it with other people…)
Anyway, if you’re thinking that you’re bored with all my Star Wars talk, you probably weren’t around in the early days when all I talked about was Batman. I’m sure I’ll move on to something else soon. Or I’ll try to.