I barely got this week’s episodes in so excuse me if the write ups are a little on the thin side! But these are two episodes that I like a lot, well, I like the first one a lot, and the second one is well made and has a lot of Monique, but it’s not…I mean, it’s just kind of icky. You’ll see.
Season 4 Episode 3: “Trading Faces”
The tweebs have been skipped to high school and Kim is thoroughly freaked out about it. Their guidance counselor is tracking her every move and that’s not a whole lot of fun either.
Meanwhile, Brittina is being prosecuted for stealing something, as is MC Honey. It turns out that socialite Camille Leone is framing her friends for crimes that she’s committed.
The big action piece is set in “the most wealthy mall in America” where Ron used to go when he was a millionaire. (Seriously, it’s great that this show never ever shies from a callback.)
In the end the Tweebs help Kim foil Camille, and she realizes that having them around will be helpful.
Season 4 Episode 4: “The Cupid Effect”
There’s not a lot that’s fun about watching Wade get his non consensual on with Monique, which is what this episode is about.
Wade invents a love ray to make Monique like him, and the Seniors decide that they want to steal it for evil to make a bunch of people fall in love with Junior to create an army of teenage girls who worship him for his “musical talent” to also take over the world.
Luckily everyone in universe finds it squicky as well and Wade is admonished and they beat the Seniors! Hooray!
It’s also telling that at the end, Wade finds an age appropriate girl and Monique is left alone, while this provides some awesome work for Raven (who really is spectacular in this episode) I just don’t love the final image of that.
I don’t know I enjoyed the episode itself, but it left a weird taste in my mouth.
Boo Yas and Nacos
- Camille Leone is a Paris Hilton analogue and voiced by Ashley Tisdale. One of the fun things about this is that Ashley is the next wave of Disney Channel stars from the rest of the cast.
- Camille’s friends include Olsen Twin look a like
- I was always into the idea of giving the Tweebs more to do.
- Monique is dateless for Valentine’s, and Ron forgot about it. Bad V-Day for our girls.
- Of course the Seniors evil plot revolves around a concert for Junior. Of course it does
- Very glad this episode makes the “forcing people to love you is wrong” point. But still blech!
- Also, Kim and Ron wind up spending Valentine’s in Bueno Nacho. Naturally.