So, I’m in Vegas for the next few days. (Hopefully I’ll be writing about it, if I find anything to write about…)
But for now, let’s talk about the pop culture that I brought along with me.
- Serial, I listened to the first half on the plane, and I’m sitting in my room listening to it now. I get it. It’s amazing. I was slow to jump on this one. I own that. But wow, wow, wow is it ever gripping.
- Dragonfly in Amber I read this on the plane. Or part of it. I still don’t love Jamie and Claire. But SO MANY MORE TIME TRAVEL SHENANIGANS in this one. Much fewer sexy times though. Claire is in the 60’s trying to find Geillis, while back in the 1700’s she and Jamie are trying to prevent the Jacobite uprising and save many lives and change history, I have my suspicions about who Geillis is though.
- Captain Marvel Trade Paperbacks: In Pursuit of Flight, Down & Higher, Further, Faster, More haven’t broken into them yet, but that’s because I’m laying lazily in my big fluffy bed in the Hard Rock Hotel, and it’s all the way on the other end of the room.
- Good Omens & Sandman Volume 3: I don’t think I’ll ever go anywhere without some Gaiman in my back pocket again. It at least feels that way.
- Nightwing Vol 4 Trade Paperback: I’ve been putting off reading the wrap of Kyle Higgins’s run, because I don’t want it to be over. I like Grayson, I think it’s an interesting take on the character and a good way to get Dick out of the Endgame and Eternal stuff, allowing breathing room for Tim, Jason and eventually Damian. But Kyle Higgins wrote wonderful stuff for Nightwing and I miss it.
- Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller: It’s Daredevil Year One. At New York Comic Con, Joe Quesada said this and Brian Michael Bendis’s runs are the basis for the new show. You know, like Year One and The Long Halloween are the basis for Batman Begins? I think I’m going to like this show.
- Saga Volume 1: Finally getting around to it. I’ve but it up for the while.
It’s also a Crystal week, so I’ll still be watching, and Kim Possible obviously. And I won money last night! I mean, $80 at a penny slot, but it covered my gambling and dinner for that night, which was pretty great!