I was lazy this weekend, so I decided that I’m going to do a “long term” things I’m obsessed with right now. Nothing makes this list unless it’s been an obsession for at least a year. Some of them will be longer. Some of them, are obsessions that have come back around recently. Anyway, here they are:
- Boston Actors: My love for Ben Affleck, Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon is ceaselessly large. I love them so very much.
- South Pacific: In Concert, a full orchestral concert version of the musical that features Reba McIntire as Nelly, Alec Baldwin as Billis and Brian Stokes Mitchell as Emil. Just try to listen to Brian Stokes Mitchell sing “This Nearly was Mine” without crying or “Some Enchanted Evening” without um, getting aroused? Seriously, it’s sexy.
- Billy Joel “deep cut” album tracks. I’m not talking about “Say Good Bye To Hollywood.” I’m talking about “Traveling Prayer,” “Christie Lee,” “Honesty,” “The Great Wall of China,” “C’est Est Toi,” really deep stuff like that.
- Planning vacations I will probably never take. I have more price quotes on long weekends in Vegas than, or 7 day Orlando excursions than anyone could possibly need. Ditto Caribbean cruises.
- Tea! I started drinking tea again a few weeks ago, because I lost my voice after Comic Con. In college, when I lost 30 pounds, drinking tea all day was a big part of it. (If you want a snack, making a cup of tea still give you the “ritual” of going to the kitchen.) It’s also a lot cheaper than coffee, and better for you. Unintended consequence? I have to pee ALL THE TIME.
- Neil Gaiman. In the past month I’ve read The Ocean At The End of The Lane, Anansi Boys, & Neverwhere. Yesterday, I blew through the first half of Stardust, and I’m loving it all over again. Probably going to pick up Sandman again soon, and read American Gods again. I will also keep trying to get my dad to read American Gods, I think he’d like it and he’s going to India in a few weeks and needs lots of stuff to read.
- Bacon pizza. But only on brick oven pizza. I had a bacon pizza this weekend and it was amazing and I’d forgotten how perfect it is. Like, so perfect. In everyway. I’m having the left overs for lunch today and I can’t wait to eat them.
That’s actually all I’ve got. this is going to be a weird week. I’m busy getting ready for my birthday party! (YAY!) And doing the last bits of prep before hitting National Novel Writing Month. I’ve decided to go to a 3 day a week update schedule during that time so I don’t get too far behind on my word counts. But as always, if something big hits me, things will be disrupted.