So, after a few days to digest news that trickled in as I refreshed my twitter feed and pretended that I was focused on work, I’ve decided that I’m going to just run down a bunch of things that I learned from Comic Con:
- The Firefly cast is reuniting for a game. That’s nice. But you know how I feel about Firefly continuations. Let’s not keep perpetuating the myth that it was the greatest show in the history of television.
- Stan Lee and Joss Whedon were both absent for health reasons. This might have something to do with why Comic Con seemed to be sort of muted and less exciting than usual. It’s like going to St. Peter’s while the Pope is travelling. It’s still great, but it’s missing something.
- Gal Gadot looks pretty great as Wonder Woman. And she’s going to have a sword! Which I assume she will use to slaughter enemy soldiers. It will be epic.
- Batman will be wearing the Frank Miller robot suit when he and Superman fight. Which disappoints me. The Dark Knight Returns is amazing. Let’s leave it alone and move on. Stop trying to make fetch happen, David Goyer. It’s not going to happen.
- Robert Downey Jr. “has not ruled out,” playing Iron Man after Avengers 3. So there may be hope for superhero movies after all.
- Sexual harassment is the worst.
- I have until mid October to watch The Walking Dead…(I probably still won’t watch The Walking Dead.)
- Gotham is going to be awesome. Like, so awesome.
- So is Flash.
- Those weren’t really new information for me, but I felt they should be noted.
- In Godzilla 2, he will fight Mothra. YATTA! Also monster island. Also, just, we’re getting a Godzilla 2, I think we can all agree that this is a good thing.
- Apparently, Guardians of The Galaxy is the greatest movie ever made. We’re all high on believing with this one guys, but I’ll know tonight whether it was worth all the hype…
So that’s what I learned. I have to admit I didn’t pay as much attention as I thought I would. I was trying to get ahead of things this week.